Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our first Year of Elfcapades

Our first year of having an elf, my oldest was five and my youngest was about 19 months. My oldest had heard about the elves at school from her friends and was wondering why an elf didn't come to her house too. So out to the store I went and found an elf so we could have some fun with one too. He comes on Dec. 1 every year (I only have enough imagination for 24 nights of fun).

My oldest named our elf Lolly the first day he came. She loved him right from the start. The first night he just sat on our fireplace.


Next night he played with the blocks.

He made cookies and wrote a note.

He reminded us what the reason for the season was a prayed to Jesus in one of our nativities.

He brought fixings for s'mores.

He read some books.

Our tree spins so he took a ride on the tree.

He was naughty and got into the candy box.

He had a snowball fight with a doll.

I decided that he was an ornament maker so he brought us our ornaments for the year. Every year I usually get the girls an ornament that tells a story of what they did that year or a special moment. My oldest started kindergarten and rode the bus for the first time so she got a bus and my youngest took her first plane ride so she got a plane.

He took a ride on a dog.

Lolly was swinging from the kitchen light.

Hanging out in the wreath.

He played cards with a chicken.

We'd taken him with us when we visited my parents and he wrote a note thanking us for the fun he had at their house.

He found the view master and had fun looking at that.

He took out some Christmas balls and wrote I Love You.

Played with puzzles.

He brought a coloring book and colored some pictures.

Lolly went fishing (this one is still one of my oldest's favorites).

One night he took all the ornaments off our advent calendar so we had to put them back on the tree. My oldest was NOT happy with this at all.

He took another ride atop our tree.

We were stretching it with this one. He built a tower with our canned goods.

The last night with us he made snowflakes and hung them from our beam in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment